Jump to navigation

 

 

Saturday, April 17, 2004

Welcome to ROOM 037

I've been writing online since..... Well, for a while now.

Apart from a passing interest in Ikabud bubwit and other komiks magazine when I was a kid, I got my first real taste of bulletin boards and online magazine way back 1997. I've been on countless mailing lists, email forums, web forums, which I'm still on today. Since then I started to meat out my own feelings, I started to compose my own articles whether it is in tagalog or english (but I need Warly and Elaine for consultations). My passion for writings became my way of expressing ideas and sentiments in this struggling world we have. But luck with the experience, I continue this new found world of mine, my world into writing and then I came across on the idea of putting it on the web, in my own personal blog. Then I start thinking why I am doing this and what I wanted to get at here is why I'm getting at anything at all. Why am I writing here, out in the open, where everyone can see, and where spiders can come along and archive some of my articles for future generations?

Well, there's a couple of reasons.

First off, I just feel like I need to write. Both in the sense that there are words in my head that need to get out, and in the sense that I think it's a good way to express what i wanted to express, and to share those crowded ideas on my head. It's way too easy for me to sit back and just fall into intake mode. I get enough input as it is - books, movies, music, video games, not to mention all that time-sucking stuff out of whats happening everywhere. I could just sit back for a long time and chat until my ass hurt. And, you know, I do that, a lot. Eventually, that makes my brain all mushy, though, and when the time comes that I need to do something, it's hard to snap out of it and get motivated.

So, I write whenever I can; fun stuff, just to get something out there and make it go. I try to build things, maybe draw a little, but my talent in that area is just about zero, so I need to do something else. Hey, turns out I can write okay. So, I do that. I figure if I force myself to write just a little bit every day or so, I can keep the outflow valves on my brain a little better lubricated. Even if I'm just rambling away - much like I'm doing now - just the plain act of thinking a little bit and letting the words fall out of my fingers seems to help.

So, first reason: Practice Second : Experience Third: Evolved

Yes! i feel that im really in into freedom of expression. Well, we'll see how long that lasts, anyhow.
So, there you go. I don't know if that's too much information, or not enough, but I'm done typing for now. Hm. Still need to write something tonight, too. I guess I'm not done typing, after all.

Muling paglayag ni Jun at Saturday, April 17, 2004

|